Annual vehicle taxation in Thailand is an annual tax that vehicle owners have to pay, the same as income tax or other type of tax, so it can be spent on maintenance of the transportation system in Thailand such as development of roads.
It is illegal if you do not pay or extend your vehicle tax payment status when a year passes and the punishment is paying a fine of 1% per month. If you do not pay vehicle tax for 3 years, your car registration will be suspended and you have to redo tax registration for your car.
Tax rate for annual vehicle taxation for personal cars in Thailand
- Cars that are weighted not more than 500 kilograms: 150 baht
- Cars that are weighted 501 – 750 kilograms: 300 baht
- Cars that are weighted 751 – 1,000 kilograms: 450 baht
- Cars that are weighted 1,001 – 1,250 kilograms: 800 baht
- Cars that are weighted 1,251 – 1,500 kilograms: 1,000 baht
- Cars that are weighted 1,501 – 1,750 kilograms: 1,300 baht
- Cars that are weighted 1,751 – 2,000 kilograms: 1,600 baht
- Cars that are weighted 2,001 – 2,500 kilograms: 1,900 baht
- Cars that are weighted 2,501 – 3,000 kilograms: 2,200 baht
Where you can pay annual vehicle taxation in Thailand?
There are many ways you can pay annual vehicle taxation in Thailand but the easiest options are as following:
- Counter Service all over the countries
- From Monday to Friday: 7.30 AM – 3.30 PM
- For cars that is not aged more than 7 years
- The Department of Land Transport will deliver the receipt and the circle sign to your address within 10 days after tax payment.
- Service fee is for 20 baht and delivery fee is for 40 baht
- Post office
- Vehicle Registration Manual
- Proof of insurance under Car Accident Victims Protection Act, B.E. 2535, which has not expired.
- Vehicle inspection certificate (for passenger cars not more than 7 people, passenger cars more than 7 people, or personal trucks registered for more than 7 years or motorcycles registered for more than 5 years)
Now you know a bit more about annual vehicle taxation in Thailand, What it is, how much it costs and where you can pay them easily. If you drive a car in Thailand, apart from annual vehicle taxation that you should pay, you should also have car insurance in Thailand as well.
Searching about car insurance in Thailand can take so much of your time and energy. But with Rabbit Care Car Insurance, you can just type your car information to find out what deals of car insurance in Thailand that suit you. Then, you can consider which one of the deals of car insurance in Thailand is what you are looking for the most.